Thursday, January 14, 2016

Update!

Well the year has come to a close and I actually ended it very well. Actually even better than I thought I was doing. Throughout the school year I been pretty busy studying, doing projects, presentations on my school campus, working two jobs…might as well say studying engineering is a job itself so three jobs, and trying to live another dream of mine.
            Some of my classes I attended actually related to the internship experience I had in Spain, especially dealing with the aspect I researched on (Non-Destructive Testing on Concrete Structures). In my structural analysis class my professor brought up concrete structures cracking under extreme loads with demonstrations. Concrete and steel lab class is another class that talked about it. Already knowing the procedure and outcome from my internship, my group assigned the project manager role to me and the assignment earned an A.
             I mentioned I was working a few jobs and one of them was doing research on campus for the civil engineering department. The research topic was offshore structural foundation and soil properties. I’ve studied websites, reviewed other scholar’s paper, read books, and written my own research paper and hopefully it’ll be published.
             During the semester I decided to further my education and aspirations on the outlook of my future. A friend of mine helped me come to conclusion on what I want to do in the future. I desire to earn my MBA after I graduate with my bachelor’s degree and work on the business point of view of engineering and become the CEO of the company. It’s a working plan in process!
             At the ended of the school year I thought my grades were going to be B’s and C’s but on the contrast they came to be A’s and B’s. The classes were very hard courses and to see the grades I earned at the end of the semester was a great eye opener and put the biggest smile on my family, friends, and even my face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment